Project Title: Hospital Management System
Date: April 6, 2009
Ministry of health requested the development of this system to assist hospital in managing their work. the system will
provide help in different ways. First it will help keeping and updating patients and staff information. It will also
help in searching for any of the information and provide a big picture of the work of the hospitals. It will also
provide an on-line system for patient to take appointments with doctors and this way it will increase the work and
hence the profit.
Product Characteristics and Requirements:
- Managing the hospital: The system will allow to add facilities of the hospital, Clinics , laboratories
, patients’ rooms and other facilities.
- Finical management: The system will provide some finical features for the hospital using. Like adding
the incomes and produce bills for the patients.
- Adding staff and patients: The system will allow adding staff and patients information and store them
in the database with appropriate category.
- Creating medical files: When adding a new patient, the system will create a medical file for him and
that file will be updated every time he visit the hospital. It will also be accessible by doctors to add
their information about the visit of the patient to the clinic.
- Search feature : The system will provide an advanced search feature for the patients and other information
- Appointment features: The system will allow creating appointment for patients to meet doctors. Also this
will be available by the online web site.
- Report generation: The system have report section which will allow to generate different types of reports
on demand, for example: medical report and other types of reports related to the staff and the hospital
- Online website: The system will be associated with an online website which will provide some information
about the hospital and the services it provide. Also it will contain and appointment request as mentioned
in the “Appointment features” .
- Security: The system will provide different level of security. The medical files have the higher
security and it can’t be accessible by any one. And the whole system will be secured too.
Summary of Project Deliverables
Project Management Related Deliverables
Business case, Charter, Team contract, Scope statement, WBS, Schedule, Cost baseline, Status reports, Final
project presentation, Final project report, Lessons learned report and any other documents required to manage the project.
Product Related Deliverable
- Survey: A team will contact hospital doctors, staff and patients to determine the best
interface and website content. this will be backed up by prototypes of the major parts of the software
for more feedback.
- System capacity: The system’s capacity to hold files for the staff, patients and management
will be unlimited by the software, but by the hardware capacity you’re using.
- Installation: Once the system is completed and agreed on, we will install it on all of the hospital’s
- Maintenance: We will provide maintenance for the system and the website for 5 years of the installation
- Training: A one week course will be available for 500 of the hospital’s staff on how to use the
- User Manual: A user manual for the staff will be available. Also, an online user manual on the website will
be available for the patients.
Project Success Criteria
- This project will be complete by Nov 5, 2009
- The results will be delivered without exceeding our $180,000 budget
- Achieve a customer satisfaction measure of at least 30% within 2 months of use.
- Achieve positive cash flow on this product within 5 months from use.
- Total project cost does not exceed 8% of the initial budget.
- The actual delivery schedule is within 10 % of the initial deadline.
- All high-priority functionality defined in the requirements specification is delivered in the first release.
- All unauthorized network intrusions are intercepted, prevented, logged, and reported.
- The mean time to failure under specified load conditions is at least 2 hours.
- At least 25% of software components were reused from previous applications.
- Prerelease development rework does not exceed 10 % of total development effort.